Woo Hoo Happy New Year! So here comes 2016! What are the top trends for marketing in 2016?
Everyone is setting goals. Use this checklist to set yours. We are here to help you get your business NOTICED in 2016! If you’re one of our clients, you’re going to smile because you can probably check off several of these TOP FIVE THINGS YOU CAN DO TO SUPERCHARGE YOUR MARKETING IN 2016.
- Get strategic about your content on blogs / website – make sure it is relevant, interesting and share-worthy. Think of a few neat tricks that will keep folks coming back to your website. Maybe you have an interesting story to tell? When you’re making an appearance online are you making an impression? Are people listening to what you have to say? Maybe if you present something visually appealing with content that is valuable, they’ll stick around. At Masterpiece Web Designs / Masterpiece Branding we’re full of creative ideas. Let’s chat about it!
- Go Mobile! If you’re not thinking about how customers see you on mobile devices, you need to start now. Don’t believe us? The numbers speak for themselves. Statistics below from SmartInsights.com:
- Internet users spend 51 percent of their time browsing on mobile versus 42 percent on a desktop or laptop.
- Nearly 75 percent of Americans own at least one smartphone, and for many, it’s their main entry point to the Internet.
- Facebook, the world’s most heavily trafficked social media site, reports that a whopping 38 percent of its users are mobile only. So the thing to ask here is this: How does your website look on a mobile device? Is is easy to navigate, and does it look current?
- Go Social! Everyone’s on social media and it’s time for YOU to take the plunge. Your brand absolutely needs to be present on major networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Facebook alone has more than a billion users these days! YES! Influences and decisions are born, bred and cultivated in social media outlets. Social media will allow you to interact with your customers and potential customers in a creative and meaningful way. You’ll need to be open minded and willing to try new things. It might take some time to figure out what new social networks work best for your business. An interior designer might have a lot of success using Instagram because of the visual elements of his or her job, but that might not hold true for an accountant. Every business matches up differently with various elements of social media, so try things out and find your own recipe for success. Or, ask our creative team at Masterpiece Web Designs!
- Share Videos! Yep that’s right, video content has quickly become a big media trend, with social networks like Facebook and Twitter both adding native video and autoplay to their platforms. You can easily make a video from your phone and upload it to your website, a blog, or social media outlet for sharing. You could even consider a ‘vlog’ – video blog with sharing tutorials about your product, customer testimonials and advertisements. Sure a picture – just a picture – can say 1000 words but people are also taking the time to watch short videos these days.
- Get Reviews / Client Testimonials! With sites like Yelp, LinkedIn and Google Review, consumers have a lot of power when it comes to making or breaking a company’s reputation. But as scary as that might sound, it’s actually a great opportunity to gain new referral business and get some awesome reviews which can be part of your marketing content on your website. According to an article about getting reviews from customers featured in Forbes Magazine, 90 percent of consumers say their buying decisions are impacted by positive online reviews. It’s not so difficult to get reviews but it does involve 2 steps: 1) DO GREAT WORK & 2) ASK FOR REVIEWS. Oops! What happens if you find a negative review! Don’t panic. Respond, follow up, and do what you can to make it right. But just know, and know that everyone knows, not all situations are perfect and not all customers are satisfied. You can probably bury a bad review beneath piles of GREAT reviews.
So while you’re sipping on egg nog over the next week, and thinking about your business goals in 2016, consider the list above, and give us a call if you need help prioritizing and initiating anything on the list that you aren’t already doing.